ThermiVa™ in Worcester, MA
ThermiVa™ is a safe and effective treatment for vaginal tightening and vaginal rejuvenation offered by board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Deborah K. Ekstrom, serving patients at Salisbury Plastic Surgery in Worcester and nearby areas of Massachusetts.
What is ThermiVa™?
ThermiVa™ is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure utilized by women for vaginal rejuvenation. Radiofrequency is focused in order to tighten the soft tissues in the vaginal area, increase moisture, and more.
What Are the Benefits ThermiVa™ Treatments?
ThermiVa™ treatments have been shown to help with a variety of cosmetic and medical issues women face when it comes to their vaginal appearance and health. These benefits include:
- Vaginal tightening in the opening and length of the vagina for sexual improvement
- Vulva and labia tightening to reduce sagging appearances
- Increased sensitivity of vaginal tissue for higher sexual satisfaction
- Thickening and softening of skin in and around the vagina for relief of dryness and increased moisture
- Relief of incontinence in mild to moderate cases, along with Kegel exercises, for less urine leakage and a reduction in the urge to urinate frequently
How Does ThermiVa™ Work?
ThermiVa™ most typically requires three treatment sessions which last no longer than half an hour each, often taking only ten to fifteen minutes. Radiofrequency is focused on the vaginal area to gently heat the tissue resulting in tightening and softening of the skin. The collagen is stimulated for the long-term build up, and tightening results are typically seen immediately.
Who Can Benefit from ThermiVa™ Treatments?
A wide variety of patients can benefit from the vaginal rejuvenation provided by ThermiVa™, including:
- Women who experience vaginal laxity due to one or more vaginal births
- Women with mild to moderate urinary incontinence issues or accidents
- Women unhappy with sagging in the vulva and labia areas due to aging or obesity
- Menopausal women experiencing uncomfortable changes in moisture levels
- Women with chronic dryness of the vagina
- Women who have difficulty reaching orgasm and experience sexual dysfunction
Are There Any Adverse Side Effects associated with ThermiVa™?
Mild pain for a short period of time is the most common side effect associated with ThermiVa™ treatments. Patients must not be pregnant or have a urinary tract or skin infection at the time of treatment. Edema and erythema are rare side effects as the procedure is typically very well tolerated.
Is ThermiVa™ Safe?
ThermiVa™ is a very safe procedure and an excellent alternative to surgical procedures that involve the placing of vaginal mesh and invasive means. Through utilizing the well-documented technology of radiofrequency, this FDA-approved treatment for vaginal laxity has many benefits and a high satisfaction rate. The procedure is done carefully and with such attention to the patient’s comfort level that no general or local anesthetic is needed. No downtime is needed, and patients may resume normal physical and sexual activity the same day that treatments are done.
How Long Do ThermiVa™ Results Last?
Results from a set of quick and easy ThermiVa™ treatments can last up to 12 months, and the procedure can then be repeated as desired.
How Much Does ThermiVa™ Cost in Worcester, MA?
The cost of ThermiVa™ treatments varies by patient depending on individual outcome desires. Salisbury Plastic Surgery can assist you in choosing the right payment method by offering flexible financing options to cover the costs associated with your ThermiVa™ procedure.
If you are interested in vaginal rejuvenation and vaginal tightening and live in Worcester or surrounding areas of Massachusetts, contact Salisbury Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Deborah K. Ekstrom.